- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Limited mintage of 100.
- APMEXclusive® series in partnership with Pressburg Mint.
- Coins will be in Uncirculated prooflike condition and delivered in a capsule.
- Obverse: Features NASA's Perseverance Mars Rover making its famous landing on the Red Planet with the assistance of its rocket-powered descent stage. The mission motto "Dare Mighty Things" is displayed around the rover, along with coordinates to the laboratory where the rover was designed and tested.
- Reverse: Features a stylized clock symbolizing the time of the landing with a beautiful textured background. Items symbolizing the evolution of life, which were included on the rover itself, are present around the dial. Also featured is the seal of the issuing country of Niue, weight and denomination.
- Struck by the Pressburg Mint, Slovakia on LBMA certified blanks provided by SEMPSA JP, part of the Heimerle + Meule Group.
Protect your 2021 Niue 1 oz Gold $250 Perseverance Mars Rover in storage from the adverse effects of moisture by adding these silica gel packets to your order.
Add the beautiful APMEXclusive® Perseverance Mars Rover release to your collection today!
Perseverance Mars Rover
Mars has fascinated scientists for centuries and has long been thought capable of supporting life. The Perseverance Rover, part of NASA's Mars 2020 Mission, was sent to explore the Red Planet on July 30, 2020. Its goals, as stated by NASA, are to identify past environments capable of supporting microbial life, seek signs of possible past microbial life in those habitable environments, collect and store core samples, and test oxygen production in the atmosphere. In order to have the best chance of achieving these mission goals, NASA sought to land the rover in Jezero Crater, a crater thought most likely to show these signs as it included inflow and outflow channels as well as an evident delta deposit, all indications that it was at one time a massive lake. On February 18, 2021, confirmation that the rover had successfully landed at this location was received at 20:55 UTC.
The design of the coin seeks to incorporate as many details of the landing as possible for a true symbolic piece to commemorate this feat. The obverse is an image of the rover landing on the surface with the assistance of the rocket-powered descendant stage. This stage was designed to counter the gravitational pull of the landing by creating upward force using jet propulsion. Surrounding the rover is a stylized image of the parachute, which also assisted in the landing. The parachute is unique in that it contained code which was later deciphered by internet users. The words "Dare Mighty Things" as well as the coordinates for the laboratory where the rover was designed are seen on the parachute and coin. The reverse features a clock set to the time confirmation of the landing was received. It also features symbols of the development of life on earth, which, like the parachute, were secretly included on the mission. These are included around the edge of the camera on the rover itself.
This release marks the first exclusive developed in collaboration with The Pressburg Mint. The Pressburg Mint, also named Bratislavska Mincovna is based in Bratislava, Slovakia and revives the centuries-old minting tradition of the country. The mint strives to produce bullion and proof-like product of the highest quality and is known for its ever-evolving yearly releases, namely the Terra, Vivat, Chronos and ICON programs.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Nov 26, 2021
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.