Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-count APMEX MintDirect® singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-count APMEX MintDirect® singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX storage boxes hold MintDirect® or MintDirect® Premier TEP singles and are stackable with other APMEX Mini Monster Boxes and the APMEX Monster Box.
- This process requires the coins to be removed from their original mint capsules.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary value, the coin’s weight and fineness, and the 2022 year-date.
- Reverse: Features a depiction of Captain Moody's ship, The Rising Sun, with a burning ship in the background. The skull design is formed from the smoke of the burning ship. The design also includes the words "THE RISING SUN," "BLACK FLAG: WILLIAM MOODY," the weight, fineness, and The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by Tuvalu government.
Secure your 2022 1 oz Silver The Rising Sun coin by adding an attractive display box to your order.
This exceptional coin would be a great addition to any coin collection. Add this 2022 Tuvalu 1 oz Silver Black Flag: The Rising Sun (MD® Premier + PCGS FS) coin to your cart today!
2022 TUV 1 oz Silver The Rising Sun (MD® Premier + PCGS FS)
The fourth release in the iconic Black Flag series from The Perth Mint showcases William Moody’s infamous ship, The Rising Sun. Moody was a pirate known for raiding and incinerating numerous ships in the Caribbean from 1718 to 1719. Soon after, Captain Moody’s crew rebelled due to his behavior toward the sailors on the ship. The crew made Moody, and his few remaining supporters, get into a small boat and set sail without them – leaving them behind forever. Captain Moody was never seen again and presumed lost at sea.
MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FirstStrike® Process
APMEX has partnered with PCGS, one of the most trusted names in numismatics, to further enhance the MintDirect® Premier program. This partnership with PCGS allows MintDirect® Premier with PCGS FirstStrike® in their sealed packaging to remain eligible for the FirstStrike® designation if submitted to PCGS for grading long after new FirstStrike® eligible coins are typically off the market.
Each year, The Perth Mint introduces coins with the new year's date on them. The new dies are engraved, prepared and deployed to strike the coins for each year. With each new year bringing new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by The Perth Mint during the first 30 days of their issuance that go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FirstStrike®.
APMEX then individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure that the authenticity and condition of each coin is protected after they are removed directly from the mint capsules. Each coin is placed in a protective authentication card composed of a non-reactive plastic polymer to protect your coin’s finish.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished 2022 1 oz Silver The Rising Sun MintDirect® Premier Single + PCGS FirstStrike®.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left The Perth Mint. The MintDirect® process gives the investor confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin — guaranteed.
Note: The MintDirect® process does not guarantee protection from spotting or tarnishing that normally occurs in chemically active metals, such as Gold, Silver and Platinum.
The Perth Mint Black Flag Series
Through the 17th and 18th centuries, pirates prowled the seven seas with their ships revealing their uniquely frightening black flags – declaring themselves victorious in battle. Each release in this iconic series, struck by The Perth Mint, highlights an infamous pirate along with the insignia they associated themselves with to remember some of the most formidable figures in history. The previous releases in this series have included Blackbeard and his ship Queen Anne’s Revenge, Black Bart and his ship the Royal Fortune and Ching Shih with her ship known as the Red Flag Fleet. Shop The Rising Sun silver 1 oz coin and the Black Flag Series today.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.