Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The eighth gate, known as the Golden Gate or Mercy Gate, remains closed. It is said that the gate will be opened miraculously when the Messiah comes and the dead are resurrected.
- Limited mintage of 1,800.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Fifth issue of the Gates of Jerusalem series.
- Medal is encapsulated and delivered in the official box of issue.
- Obverse: Front view of the Golden Gate. Inscription in English and Hebrew, date, purity and weight below.
- Reverse: Stylized sketch of the Gates of the Old City in the Walls of Jerusalem, border inscription in English and Hebrew "Gates of Jerusalem," with the Holy Land Mint logo below.
- Guaranteed by the Holy Land Mint of Israel.
You can protect your newest investment against moisture during storage with these silica gel packets.
Add this beautifully designed 1 oz Silver round to your cart today!
The Gates of Jerusalem have become an icon of the holy city and an attraction for tourists from all over Israel and the world. Start your journey through the city's history with the Jaffa Gate, the inaugural release of the Gates of Jerusalem series.
Built before the other main gates, the Golden Gate in the Jerusalem Old City Wall was built in the 7th century over ancient ruins with a Byzantine style. Some think it might predate as far back as the time of the first temple. The gate faces the Mount of Olives and is the closest gate to where the first temple originally stood. Followers of Judaism believe the Messiah will enter through the Golden Gate. According to tradition, the Prophet Elijah is said to pass through the gate first to notify the coming of the Messiah. To prevent this, Ottoman Sultan Suleiman sealed the gate in 1541 and also placed a Muslim cemetery close to it to prevent Elijah, of priestly descent, from passing through. The Golden Gate also derives its name from the belief that Christians think that Christ entered Jerusalem through it.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.