You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible
|1 - 49
|50 - 99
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
This is the fourth coin in the Sioux Buffalo series. Available only at APMEX, these coins reflect the sovereign status of Native American tribes and are instrumental in honoring tribal history and culture spanning centuries. Adding to their collectibility is the fact that they are the only American, non-U.S. government coins available in the marketplace.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in an individual capsule. Multiples of 20 come encapsulated in shrink-wrapped rolls.
- Obverse: A beautiful portrait of a Sioux warrior is shown. He is outfitted in ceremonial dress, with a large headdress, beautiful ornate sash, and even features small artistic details such as the Gold ring he wears on his finger.
- Reverse: Depicts a 19th century Indian war shield. On the shield are two buffaloes colliding in combat as well as a tepee and banner with the name of the tribe. The eight tepees represent the districts of the Oglala Sioux reservation.
- These are non-circulating, legally authorized coins by a federally recognized sovereign nation, but are not legal tender.
- Royalties from the sale of these coins assist Native American charities and raise tribal awareness.
Beautifully display your Sioux Indian coin by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
The designs on these Native American Silver coins represent the history and culture of Native American tribes, and the royalties aid in their continued existence as federally recognized tribes. Add this beautiful 1 oz Silver Sioux Indian War Chief coin to your cart today!
Sioux Bullion Series
The Great Sioux Nation consists of groups of Native American tribes and First Nations peoples in North America. The tribes are comprised mostly of the two language groups, the Lakota and Dakota, which means "the allies." The Native American Mint Silver coin series is an APMEXclusive®. Inception of this popular series began in 2015, as it continues to offer exclusive Sioux designs representing the tribes with great dignity and honor while also pairing with top notch quality. This Native American coin series is expected to be an annual release.
Native American Portraits
In the early 1900s, a man named Edward Curtis set out to do the unthinkable – capture portraits of every indigenous tribe in North America. This was no easy task and his incredible photographs came at a great personal cost, but he believed in the people and his work. In 1906, banker and financier J.P. Morgan backed his project and offered to pay him $75,000 over the course of five years to photograph the tribes.
Edward considered documenting this culture to be a race against time, for it would only be a matter of time before these civilizations were destroyed forever. He had to photograph these Native Americans while their traditions still existed, presenting an accurate vision of the land of the people. In his time photographing the Native tribes, he would take more than 40,000 photos. The end result included a 20-volume book set containing over 2,000 photographs, titled "The North American Indian."
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.