- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Coin comes in protective plastic.
- Obverse: Displays Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along with the country and year.
- Reverse: Features St. Michael the Archangel slaying a dragon with Chinese markings.
- Sovereign coin backed by Isle of Man government.
Display your Gold Angel coin in style by adding a presentation box to your order.
This gorgeous Gold coin is a must-have for any numismatic or bullion collector. Add this beautiful 1 oz Gold coin to your cart today!
The Angel was a Gold coin originally introduced into England by Edward IV in 1465 as a new issue of the Noble. Based on a French coin, the Angelot or Ange, its name was derived from the representation of the Archangel St. Michael. A truly iconic coin, the Angel, depicting an image of the Archangel Michael slaying the dragon, was thought to bring good luck and health and was traditionally given to sufferers of the disease the "King’s evil" or scrofula, in a medieval ceremony intending to cure them with the "royal touch."
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review