You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing
- Product Details
- Sell Platinum to Us
For the first time since their 1986 introduction, the Gold and Silver Eagles are receiving an updated design mid-year 2021. This mid-year introduction, coming at a time of unprecedented demand for bullion, has led to a very limited supply of coins available at launch. Act now to add the first issue of the new design to your collection!
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Contains one of the first coins struck with the new design, produced on the first day of production, and one of the final 200,000 coins struck with the classic design, produced on the last day this design was used.
- NGC encapsulation protects and guarantees the superb MS-69 condition of each coin.
- This Dawn to Dusk set includes the 110th last coin struck for the type-1 design and and the 110th coin struck for the type 2 design.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman’s famed design depicting Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge. The Type 2 coin features an enhanced version of this design while remaining true to the original image.
- Type 1 Reverse: A heraldic eagle is shown below 13 small stars, representing the 13 original colonies.
- Type 2 Reverse: The design depicts a single eagle coming in for a landing, carrying an oak branch as if to add it to a nest. Inscriptions are “UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” “1 OZ. FINE SILVER,” and “ONE DOLLAR.”
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect and display your Silver Eagle in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
One of the most popular designs in American coinage, the Silver Eagle combines beauty with Silver bullion appeal. The introduction of the type 2 Eagles has been one of the most anticipated events in modern numismatics. Add the 2021 Silver Eagle set to your cart today!
New Silver Eagle Design
In 2020, the United States Mint unveiled the new reverse designs for the 2021 Silver Eagles. 2021 marks the 35th Anniversary of the American Eagle Coin program, and the new designs will begin appearing on these coins in mid-year 2021. AIP Designer Emily Damstra created the new 2021 Silver Eagle design, which was sculpted by Mint Medallic Artist Michael Gaudioso. The new 2021 American Silver Eagle design depicts a single eagle coming in for a landing, carrying an oak branch as if to add it to a nest.
The American Silver Eagle Coin Series Original Design:
This design, introduced in 1986, was not the first time used in circulation. Weinman's Walking Liberty design was introduced during a time in which American coinage beauty was lacking. The Walking Liberty Half Dollar was minted between 1916 and 1947. The design was an instant hit with the public as a reminder of American ideals, opportunity and patriotism. The American Eagle coin's obverse design is Adolph A. Weinman's full-length figure of Liberty in full stride, enveloped in folds of the flag, with her right hand extended and branches of laurel and oak in her left.
PCGS Certified Silver Eagles
While Silver Eagles are widely valued for their Silver content, they are also among the most popularly collected Silver coins in the world. With the historic introduction of the new Type 2 design, collector interest is extremely high in this issue, making PCGS certified options an attractive option. PCGS, an independent third-party grading service with a trusted 35-year reputation, adds collectible appeal by certifying the authenticity and condition of each coin, then encapsulating it in a protective holder backed by a full guarantee of authenticity and condition. APMEX is pleased to offer this release graded MS-70 - indicating a superlative coin with no perceptible flaws, as well as MS-69 - coins with only the slightest imperfections. Additionally, PCGS certifies select coins as First Day of Issue or FirstStrike® if they can be verified to have shipped from the mint within the first day or 30 days, respectively, of release. With PCGS certified coins, discerning collectors can be assured of getting coins in the absolute finest condition, and those among the very first released, especially prized with a historic release such as the introduction of the Type 2 Silver Eagles.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.