- Product Details
Product DetailsThis rare 28-piece Double Mint Set contains two examples of each U.S. coin from 1949, housed in original mint packaging. All coins show characteristic mint-set toning.
- Only 5,000 of these sets were originally produced, but a significantly lower number have survived intact to the present.
- Contains 6 each (two from each mint - P, D, and S) of the Lincoln wheat cent, the Jefferson nickel, the Roosevelt dime, and the Franklin half. Contains 4 Washington quarters, as there was no San Francisco quarter issue in 1949.
- Coins are toned. The toning is rich and vibrant - undeniably mint-set in origin!
- Cardboard holders are intact and tight-fitting, and toning is uniform across the coins in each holder, which strongly suggests full originality.
- Outer envelope shows some wear, but is fully intact. The cardboard holders for each mint are in good shape.
Don't miss this opportunity to pick up this rarely-offered piece of U.S. numismatic history. Purchase this 1949 U.S. Double Mint Set today!
1949 was the third year of issue of the U.S. Double Mint Sets. These sets, produced to fill the void left when the U.S. stopped production of proof coinage in 1942, were designed to give collectors a way to purchase an example of each coin minted for the year.
These Double Mint Sets contain 2 examples of each coin from each mint, housed in cardboard holders with a cut-out for each coin and a paper backing. The paper used in making these holders was rich in sulfur, leading to the distinct "Mint-Set" toning found on most of these sets, including the one offered here.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.