Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
Product DetailsThe Australovenator is the first coin in an exciting new five-coin series featuring Australian dinosaurs that existed in the Cretaceous Period 102 to 112 million years ago.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Mintage of 5,000 coins.
- This coin is housed in The Perth Mint’s grey presentation case with a nicely illustrated shipper and is accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the 2014 year-date, and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Features an Australovenator wintonensis set against a colorful, prehistoric scene. The inscription "AUSTRALOVENATOR" and The Perth Mint’s "P" mintmark are also incorporated into the design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Australovenator fossils were discovered in what was once an ancient billabong near Winton, central Queensland by the Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum, with museum staff nick-naming the dinosaur “Banjo”, after the famous Australian poet, Andrew Barton “Banjo” Paterson.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful coin to your cart today!
Banjo has been described as a medium-sized, very fast, carnivorous dinosaur. Unlike most theropod dinosaurs, this animal had massive arms and hands with two of its three hand claws being razor sharp weapons that would have been used to capture prey. It is believed that Banjo would have been approximately two meters tall and five meters long from the snout to the end of the tail.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.