2016 Austria Proof Silver €10 Piece by Piece (Oberösterreich)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
- Product Details
Featuring the ninth coin in the Austrian Mint’s educational “Austria Piece by Piece” series, Oberösterreich is the last of Austria’s nine provinces to be celebrated by the children who call it home.
- Contains .5644 oz of .925 fine Silver.
- Each of these magnificent coins comes with a box and a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of 40,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features the UNESCO world heritage and natural wonder of the picturesque town of Hallstadt.
- Reverse: Depicts the church of Linz on Poestling hill, the coat of arms of the province of Upper Austria, and three participants of the annual Gloeckler parade wearing “Gloeckler” costumes with elaborately decorated handmade hats. In the background on the right side is the famous Traunstein Mountain on the edge of the clear blue lake known as Traunsee.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
Add this Austria Silver €10 Austria by Its Children (Oberösterreich) coin to your cart today!
The charming inclusion of several participants in the Gloeckler parade by Klara in her coin design, recalls the annual tradition taking place on January 5th, also known as the twelfth night or Epiphany. On this night people dress up in light or white colored costumes, wear belts with a loud bell attached, and adorn elaborate hats decorated with lit candles. The medieval belief was that this would chase away the evil spirits of the dark months, bringing salvation and blessings to the area.
Located in the central-northern part of Austria, bordering Germany and the Czech Republic, Oberösterreich is the country’s fourth-largest province by area and the third by population. The capital of Upper Austria is Linz, a city of culture, business and industry which looks towards the future and is located along the Danube River. The river was key to its establishment centuries ago and to the continued growth for many hundreds of years as a major trading port. The city is the birthplace of Anton Bruckner composer, as well as home to physicist Johannes Keppler, the location for a major steel producer and home to the Linzer torte made on nuts, and jam and lots of butter.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.