Gold from the Johnson Matthey Mint
Johnson Matthey is a British multinational company that specializes in sustainable technologies and chemicals. The company also has a long history in the precious metals industry, including the production of gold bullion products.
The gold products offered by Johnson Matthey are known for their high quality and purity and are often favored by investors and collectors. These products include gold bars and gold coins, all of which are produced to exacting standards.
The Johnson Matthey gold bars come in a variety of sizes, ranging from 1 gram up to 1 kilogram. Each bar features the Johnson Matthey logo, along with the weight and purity of the gold. These bars are also individually serialized for added security and authenticity.
The Johnson Matthey gold coins include popular designs such as the Canadian Maple Leaf and the American Eagle, both of which are recognized around the world for their beauty and purity. Each coin is struck from 99.99% pure gold and features a unique design that makes it a popular addition to any collection.
Overall, Johnson Matthey is a trusted name in the precious metals industry, and their gold products are highly regarded for their quality, purity, and beauty.
History of the Johnson Matthey Mint
The Johnson Matthey Mint has a long and interesting history that dates to the early 19th century. Here are some key milestones:
- In 1817, George Matthey established a company in London that specialized in platinum refining and assaying. The company soon became known as Johnson & Matthey, when George's cousin, Percival Norton Johnson, joined the firm.
- In the 1850s, Johnson & Matthey began producing their own branded silver bars, which quickly gained a reputation for quality and purity.
- In 1968, Johnson Matthey acquired the Edward H. Bohlin Company, a US-based manufacturer of western-themed belt buckles and accessories. This move helped diversify Johnson Matthey's product offerings.
- In the 1970s, Johnson Matthey entered the precious metals market, producing gold and silver bars and coins that were popular with investors and collectors alike.
- In 1989, Johnson Matthey acquired the precious metals refining operations of Roessler & Hasslacher, a Swiss company that specialized in refining and recycling precious metals.
- In 2014, Johnson Matthey announced that it would be selling its gold and silver refining business to Asahi Holdings, a Japanese company. As part of the deal, Asahi agreed to acquire the Johnson Matthey name and trademarks for use in its precious metals business.
Today, the Johnson Matthey name is still associated with high-quality precious metals products, including gold and silver bars and coins that are popular with investors and collectors around the world.
Popular Products from Johnson Matthey Mint
Johnson Matthey is known for producing high-quality gold bullion products that are popular with investors and collectors alike. Here are some of the most popular gold products from the Johnson Matthey Mint:
- Johnson Matthey Gold Bars: These bars come in a variety of sizes, ranging from 1 gram up to 1 kilogram, and are made from 99.99% pure gold. Each bar features the Johnson Matthey logo, weight, and purity, as well as an individual serial number for added security.
- Gold Grain: Johnson Matthey also produces gold grain, which is small pieces of gold that are often used in jewelry making and other industrial applications. The gold is refined to 99.99% purity and comes in a range of sizes to suit various needs.
Overall, Johnson Matthey's gold products are known for their high quality and purity and are trusted by investors and collectors around the world.