Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- This magnificent coin comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of 99 coins.
- Obverse: Features a genuine mother-of-pearl butterfly with other nature-inspired elements and an iconic fairy.
- Reverse: Depicts three hands gently setting diamond shapes into a butterfly. The initials of the French Republic "RF" and the year can also be seen.
- Minted by Monnaie de Paris.
Intricate designs add collectible appeal to the Excellence Series from Monnaie de Paris. Add this 2016 5 oz Proof Gold €500 Excellence Series Van Cleef & Arpels coin to your cart today!
Each year Monnaie de Paris joins forces with a French company to create an intricately designed series of coins. This year's featured company is Van Cleef & Arpels, a revered jewelry house founded in 1906 by Alfred Van Cleef and Salomon Arpels. This year celebrates the company's 110th anniversary.
The coins in this series reflect the universe of Van Cleef & Arpels through patterns inspired by nature or the imagination such as birds, flowers, or fairies. They are tributes to craft skills and to the tradition of jewelry making.
Iconic elements such as butterflies, fairies, and beaded details are featured on the coins. The butterfly appeared in Van Cleef & Arpels designs in the 1920s and the fairy first appeared in the 1940s. Beaded details are primarily found in the "Perlée" collection that was introduced in the 1920s as well. Three hands shown setting marquise, princess and round diamond shapes pay homage to the craftsmanship of stone setting.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.