2017 5 oz Silver ATB Effigy Mounds MS-69 DMPL PCGS (FS)
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase is guaranteed to match the quality of the product shown. It will not be this exact item.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Effigy Mounds National Monument, located in Iowa, is the first release in 2017 of the U.S. Mint's popular America the Beautiful series. This coin is graded MS-69 DMPL First Strike by PCGS with the American Flag label.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- PCGS certification guarantees the MS-69 DMPL condition of the coin.
- The First Strike designation ensures that the coin was received by PCGS within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of "United States of America", "Liberty", "In God We Trust" and "Quarter Dollar".
- Reverse: Depicts an aerial view of mounds in the Marching Bear Group. Inscriptions are “EFFIGY MOUNDS,” “IOWA,” “2017,” and “E PLURIBUS UNUM.”
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
Protect your graded Silver America The Beautiful coin in style by adding a beautiful display box to your cart.
These coins are sought after by investors for their .999 fine Silver content, and demanded by collectors for their artistic value. Add this attractive coin to your collection today!
Effigy Mounds Coin
Established in 1949 the park is considered a sacred landscape by members of many modern-day tribes whose ancestors once lived here. The majority of the mounds were constructed between one thousand and two thousand years ago, often to inter the dead, but sometimes for ceremonial purposes, or to tell important stories. Today, Effigy Mounds National Monument offers an excellent view of the Mississippi and Wisconsin Rivers, and is home to a wide diversity of flora and fauna and helped shape the lifestyles and the belief systems of the moundbuilders.
The park is home to more than 200 mounds in a wide variety of forms, including more than 30 animal or bird-shaped “effigy” mounds for which the park is named. Often more than 100 feet long individually, many of these animal and bird shaped mounds are perched high atop rugged bluffs overlooking the adjacent Mississippi River. Aside from preserving these tangible links to an ancient and highly creative people, the park features outstanding views of the Mississippi River Valley, and hosts many of the native plant and animal communities that sustained people in this area for millennia.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.