- Product Details
Product DetailsIssued to raise funds for the Calgary Olympic Games, this Gold coin features a nice modern Olympic design, with a representation of the Olympic Torch, a highlight of the Olympics opening ceremonies.
- Contains 1/4 oz of actual Gold weight.
- Comes in a protective plastic flip.
- Obverse: Displays a right-facing profile of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Image of a fiery torch, with the flames morphing into the Rocky Mountain Range. This is the lettered-edge variety.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect and display your coin in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
Add this 1987 1/4 oz Proof Gold Calgary Olympics coin to your cart today!
100% of reviewers recommend this product
This is a very beautiful coin, picture does not do it justice. To my surprise, mine actually came with an elegant display case and a certificate of authenticity from the mint. I'll be purchasing more of these commemorative Canadian gold coins at a small fraction over spot. The interesting aspect about this coin is that it contains .2500 ounce of pure 999 gold, the coin is heavier than that, why? Because according to the COA, it also contains 999 pure silver. It was an added value bonus that was a very plesant surprise. I have to say that dealing with APMEX has been a joy, they've been very good so far.
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.