- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 kilo (32.15 oz) of .9999 fine Silver.
- Comes packaged in individual protective plastic capsule.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the year-date.
- Reverse: Portrays a flying kookaburra against the backdrop of a full moon. The inscription "Australian Kookaburra", The Perth Mint's "P" mint mark and the 2018 year-date are also include in the design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Handle your Silver Kookaburra with care by adding these white cotton gloves to your order.
The Perth Mint once again offers this beautiful Kookaburra series providing a classic design. Add the 2018 1 Kilo Silver Kookaburra to your cart today!
The Australian Silver Kookaburra series from the Perth Mint began in 1990 and is the longest-running bullion program from the mint. Each year has a different design of a kookaburra on the reverse.
The laughing Kookaburra is the largest member of the kingfisher species, and a bird synonymous with the Australian bush. This bird species is indigenous to Australia and is known for their call, which is said to sound like echoing human laughter.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Rick, Go Lions!
Date:Sep 1, 2022
Fantastic series- a personal favorite. What's better than some baby Kooks? A monster Kook! Working on a complete Kook run for my grandson's pirate chest. (The baby Kooks, of course) I have to say "that has been more fun than I ever imagined". Another great job by APMEX.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
Date:Oct 22, 2017
I've bought Kilo coins from other outfits, and I must say that Apmex does an OUTSTANDING job of packaging their coins. Much better than any of the other sellers I've used in the past. All my future purchases will be from Apmex.
- Value (low premium over spot)
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.