You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Housed in protective packaging. Orders of 10 or more coins come in tubes. Orders of 100 coins or more are packaged in Monster Boxes (10 tubes per box).
- Obverse: Displays the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 100 pounds.
- Reverse: Designed by Jody Clark, the design features a magnificent yale, with its horns as a focal point.
- Sovereign coin produced by The Royal Mint and backed by the British government.
Display your 1 oz Gold Queen's Beasts The Yale in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Add the seventh coin of this popular 10-coin series to your cart today!
When Her Majesty The Queen was crowned in 1953, the entrance to Westminster Abbey was guarded by ten fantastical creatures. The Queen’s Beasts were six-foot tall statues that symbolized the heritage and history Queen Elizabeth II inherited that day. These royal protectors have been brought to life in a collection named in their honor, which began in the year The Queen became the world’s longest reigning living monarch.
The yale is a mythical beast, described to be the size of a hippopotamus, with the tail of an elephant and jaws of a boar. It descends to The Queen through Henry VII, who inherited it from his mother, Lady Margaret Beaufort. Her position as a matriarch brought the yale prestige and a symbolic meaning. Today, the yale can be seen guarding prominent buildings of education such as Yale University, Christ's College and St. John's College in Cambridge.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.