- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Limited mintage of only 30,000 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Packaged individually in a plastic capsule.
- Obverse: Bears the Jody Clark likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along with the face value.
- Reverse: Depicts the Welcome Stranger Nugget along with the text "Welcome Stranger 1869". The Perth Mint's "P" mint mark, the year date, weight and purity are also included.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the discovery of the Welcome Stranger Nugget. Add this 2019 1 oz Silver Nugget BU coin to your cart today!
Protect your capsule from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
The Welcome Stranger Gold Nugget was discovered on February 5th, 1869 by John Deason & Richard Oates at Moliagul, Victoria, Australia. Welcome Stranger is the largest known alluvial Gold nugget ever found.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Apr 11, 2019
This coin has a layout like other recent Perth coins. It features the same nugget image used in the 1980s 'gold nugget' coins which turned into the kangaroo series. It's the same diameter as a silver eagle, so it has a large surface area for a 1 oz silver coin. It's not proof, but has a mirror finish on the outer edges and on the nugget/queen's head. I purchased 5 to submit for grading. All came in plastic capsules and appear spotless. Relatively low mintage of 30k and significantly cheaper than the swan. Packed and shipped well as usual from APMEX.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.