Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
The Australian Nugget was the first Gold coin program manufactured by the Perth Mint as legal tender since Sovereign production ceased in 1931. The motif was designed by Stuart Devlin, a world-renowned goldsmith and numismatic designer. In 1989, Devlin created the iconic design of the jumping red kangaroo surrounded by a stylized depiction of sun rays for the Proof Nugget. This 35th anniversary issue features a depiction of Stuart Devlin's red kangaroo surrounded by the symbolical rays of the sun. As well as the number 35, the design includes a small representation of the world-famous Welcome Stranger Gold nugget.
- Contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- Housed in a prestigious wooden presentation case with superbly illustrated shipper and wrap, accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 200 coins.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination and the 2021 year-date.
- Reverse: Shows a small image of the Raphael Maklouf portrait of Queen Elizabeth II above the Queen's current Jody Clark portrait. In deference to the original name, the design includes the inscription "AUSTRALIAN NUGGET COIN 1986-2021" and the Perth Mint's "P" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
These won't last long, act quick! Commemorate the 35th Anniversary of the Australian Kangaroo Nugget, add this 2021 Australian Kangaroo Proof to your cart today!
Perth Mint Commemorative Coins
APMEX carries many stunning Silver Commemorative coins from The Perth Mint with exciting themes and unique finishes. Experience the animals of The Outback with the Deadly & Dangerous Series or travel back in time to your favorite Western with classic John Wayne coins. Our assortment contains a range in sizes from 1/2 gram to 5 oz coins, making these Australian Commemorative coins attainable for collectors of all budgets.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.