- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Silver Eagle, adding collectible value to these coins.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the coin's flawless PR-70 DCAM condition.
- First Day of Issue designation guarantees that this was among the first coins released from the mint at launch.
- Obverse: An enhanced depiction of Adolph A. Weinman’s design showing Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge.
- Reverse: This 2021 design depicts a single eagle coming in for a landing, carrying an oak branch as if to add it to a nest.
- Minted at the West Point Mint with a "W" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Proof Silver Eagles provide an excellent opportunity to add collectible value to a product with high bullion content. Add this 2021-W Type 2 Proof Silver American Eagle to your cart today!
Updated Silver Eagle Design
In 2020, the United States Mint unveiled the updated reverse designs for the 2021 Silver Eagles. 2021 marks the 35th anniversary of the American Eagle Coin program, and the designs began appearing on them in mid-year 2021. AIP Designer Emily Damstra created the 2021 Silver Eagle design, which was sculpted by Mint Medallic Artist Michael Gaudioso. The 2021 American Silver Eagle design depicts a single eagle coming in for a landing, carrying an oak branch as if to add it to a nest.
The American Silver Eagle Coin Series Original Design
This design, introduced in 1986, was not the first time used in circulation. Weinman's Walking Liberty design was introduced during a time in which American coinage beauty was lacking. The Walking Liberty Half Dollar was minted between 1916 and 1947. The design was an instant hit with the public as a reminder of American ideals, opportunity and patriotism. The American Eagle coin's obverse design is Adolph A. Weinman's full-length figure of Liberty in full stride, enveloped in folds of the flag, with her right hand extended and branches of laurel and oak in her left.
PCGS Certified Silver Eagles
While Silver Eagles are widely valued for their Silver content, they are also among the most popularly collected Silver coins in the world. With the historic introduction of the Type 2 design, collector interest is extremely high in this issue, making PCGS certified options attractive. PCGS, an independent third-party grading service with a trusted 35-year reputation, adds collectible appeal by certifying the authenticity and condition of each coin, then encapsulating it in a protective holder backed by a full guarantee of authenticity and condition. APMEX is pleased to offer this release graded PR-70 - indicating a superlative coin with no perceptible flaws - as well as PR-69 coins with only the slightest imperfections. Additionally, PCGS certifies select coins as First Day of Issue or FirstStrike® if they can be verified to have shipped from the mint within the first day or 30 days, respectively, of release. With PCGS certified coins, discerning collectors can be assured of getting coins in the absolute finest condition, and those among the very first released, especially prized with a historic release such as the introduction of the Type 2 Silver Eagles.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.