Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
Since its discovery in 1921, insulin has saved millions of lives worldwide; even those who are not personally afflicted with diabetes may have a connection to the health innovation represented on this coin, which offers an unobstructed view of Jesse Koreck’s dynamic design.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Encapsulated and beautifully presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
- Obverse: Features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: Designed by Canadian artist Jesse Koreck is double dated (“1921 2021”) to commemorate the 100th anniversary of a Canadian medical innovation. The discovery of insulin at a University of Toronto laboratory is represented by a maple leaf and traditional symbols: an early insulin vial, an Erlenmeyer flask, a mortar and pestle. Insulin is depicted both in the bloodstream and in monomeric form.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Limited to 450 coins worldwide, this coin is a highly desirable collectible. Add this 2021 1 oz Gold Discovery of Insulin coin to your cart today!
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.