- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Mintage of 10,000.
- Multiples of 20 come in heat sealed rolls. All other coins will be in plastic capsules.
- Obverse: Displays the Barbados coat of arms along with the face value and purity. The Golden Shield of the Arms carries two Pride of Barbados flowers (the national flower) and the bearded fig tree (ficus citrifolia). On either side of the shield are the supporters – on the right is a dolphin symbolic of the fishing industry, and on the left is a pelican, for Pelican Island, a small outcrop later incorporated into the Deep Water Harbor development. Above the shield is a helmet and mantling, and on a wreath is the arm and hand of a Bajan holding two crossed pieces of sugar cane that are symbolic of the sugar industry. The coat of arms carries the motto "Pride and Industry."
- Reverse: Features an image of a two seahorses facing opposite directions. One seahorse has its tail extended toward the rim of the coin. In the background are graphics representing the waves of the ocean and ocean plants. The name of the coin, purity and year of issue are also on the reverse.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Barbados government.
Protect your coins and capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This is a great Silver bullion coin for any collector. Add this beautiful Seahorse coin to your cart today!
Seahorses are truly unique, and not just because of their unusual equine shape. Unlike most other fish, they are monogamous and mate for life. Rarer still, they are among the only animal species on Earth in which the male bears the unborn young. A baby seahorse is called a fry.
Barbados Seahorse Series
This is the fifth coin in the Caribbean Silver series featuring the unique seahorse. Each year, a new design features the seahorse – or in this year's coin, a couple of seahorses. This Silver bullion program has become popular not only with bullion buyers, but also collectors who want to own each design. All previous coins in this program have sold out and are difficult to find in the market. Check out our collection of other Barbados Gold and Silver coins.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.