- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Once hunted to the point of extinction, the sea otter has been reintroduced to British Columbia’s coastal waters, where its appetite keeps sea urchin populations in check—this, in turn, helps to restore and protect the kelp forests that are a critical habitat for hundreds of species. It’s all about balance, which is beautifully represented on this coin’s dual-plated reverse.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of 5,500 coins.
- Coin comes inside a mint-issued clamshell box with certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: The circular reverse design by wildlife artist Claude Thivierge features a contrasting “yin and yang” portrait of the sea otter (Enhydra lutris). Two adult sea otters are positioned in a way that represents opposite but complementary concepts, such as work and rest/play. Yellow Gold and black rhodium plating clearly divide the design into two halves in order to highlight the importance of achieving balance in life, but also in nature, where the sea otter’s reintroduction to Canada’s Pacific coast has had a big impact on the marine ecosystem.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect your 2022 Black and Gold: The Sea Otter coin with white cotton gloves.
This is the perfect follow-up to the 2021 Black and Gold: The Canadian Grey Wolf coin. Add this brilliant Silver Gold and Black Canadian Sea Otter coin to your cart today!
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.