- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Each, 2023 1 Kilo Silver Britannia bullion coin showcases the fifth and final effigy of her majesty Queen Elizabeth II and has a limited production run. A Britannia coin featuring His Majesty King Charles the III's effigy will be released in the new year.
Britannia has long represented Britain as its allegorical matriarch and protector of the seas. She first appeared on coins of the Roman Emperor Hadrian. Her presence has been made continually on coinage since 1672. This personification of Britannia was created by sculptor Philip Nathan in 1987. Britannia coins are renowned for their beauty, trustworthiness, and special security features.
- Contains 32.15 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Comes encapsulated in a single coin capsule.
- Obverse: Features the fifth and final effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along with the face value of 500 pounds.
- Reverse: Features artwork by Philip Nathan that depicts the internationally recognized Britannia figure standing firm against a powerful wind. Her visage has symbolized Britain's strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times. The reverse includes a latent image, surface animation, tincture lines and micro text for added security.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect your 2023 Silver Britannia by adding cotton gloves to your order.
Add this unique and limited production run 2023 Kilo Silver Britannia featuring the fifth and final effigy of Queen Elizabeth II to your cart today!
The Great Britain Britannia Coin Series
First released as 1 oz Gold Britannia coins in 1987, The Royal Mint began producing the 1 oz Silver Britannia coin in 1997 as a Proof, and then as a bullion coin in 1998. The coins minted from 1998 to 2012 contain .958 fine Silver, and beginning in 2013, bullion issues became the first to contain .999 fine Silver. The 2023 release features the fifth and final effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and is the largest coin in this range. Today, the coin series is released yearly in several sizes in Gold and Platinum Britannia coins, along with the Silver Britannia coins in both Brilliant Uncirculated and limited mintage Proofs.
60% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.