You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- This set contains 1.80 oz of cupro-nickel, does not include any Precious Metal content.
- Supplied in an official Royal mint printed wallet exploring Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's historic legacy.
- Obverses: The 2022 £5 commemorative coin features the official coinage portrait of His Majesty King Charles III by Martin Jennings. The 1953 Five Schillings obverse shows a portrait of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II mounted on her horse, Winston. She is dressed in her uniform as Colonel-in Chief of the Grenadier Guards, which was worn by Her Late Majesty during the ceremony of Trooping the Color.
- Reverses: Showcases portraits of Her Majesty at the beginning of her reign looking forward and a portrait of Her Majesty later in her reign, looking back. The dates of 1926-2022 curve along the coin's rim to signify her year of birth and death. The reverse of the 1953 Schilling features the four quadrants of the Royal Arms, each enclosed in a shield and arranged in saltire with a rose, a sprig of shamrock, a thistle and a leek. The crown is at the center and the 1953 date is at the bottom.
- Guaranteed by The Royal Mint.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add The Queen Elizabeth II Memorial 2-Coin set to your cart today!
This coin celebrates the remarkable legacy of Queen Elizabeth II, featuring the first effigy release of King Charles III. Also features is a 1953 5-Schilling coin, the year of Her Late Majesty's coronation. Add this historically significant commemorative cupro-nickel 2-coin set to your cart today!
Celebrating the Life & Legacy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Her Majesty inherited the throne at just 25 years old and reigned for the next 70 years. As the longest reigning monarch, Queen Elizabeth's status as head of state remained a constant source of strength through times of uncertainty. She led through post-war hardships, the transition from Empire to Commonwealth, the end of the Cold War, and the United Kingdom's admission to and out of the European Union. She reformed the monarchy, making strides to engage the public with walk abouts, royal visits and attendance at public events. Perhaps it was this level of engagement and strength of character that Her Majesty is most remembered for. While celebrating her Platinum Jubilee in June 2022, Her Majesty said, "I know of no single formula for success. But over the years I have observed that some attitudes of leadership are universal and are about finding ways of encouraging people to combine their efforts, talents, their insights, their enthusiasm, and their inspiration to work together." Queen Elizabeth II did much to inspire unity in her 70-year reign. She was beloved and her loss is felt worldwide.
The Royal Mint
The Royal Mint is the official mint of the United Kingdom, and has a rich history spanning over 1,100 years. The mint offers unique and innovative products to celebrate traditions and moments, and offers a wide variety of collectible and investment coins. They are well known for their flagship Britannia products, and also produce coinage for the United Kingdom.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.