- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Comes in protective plastic packaging.
- Gem Proof condition.
- Contains .1808oz of Silver.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of "United States of America," "Liberty," "In God We Trust" and "Quarter Dollar."
- Reverse: Features workers carving the faces of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
- San Francisco Mint features an "S" mint mark.
Protect and display your Mount Rushmore Quarter by adding a protective plastic capsule to your order.
Mount Rushmore stands 5,725 feet above sea level and was selected as the carve site for the 60-foot-tall monument due to its smooth fine-grained granite, which erodes only one inch every 10,000 years. It was designed and sculpted by renowned sculptor Gutzon Borglum, who was born in 1867 in the Idaho Territory.
The project cost almost $1 million, began on October 4, 1927 and finished on October 31, 1941. Mount Rushmore features four of the United States' most prominent presidents: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln. However, this coin only depicts Washington and Jefferson.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.