- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Coins will come protective plastic packaging.
- Designed by John Flanagan and William Cousins.
- Contains .1808oz of Silver.
- Gem Proof condition.
- Obverse: Features the profile of George Washington.
- Designed by Don Everhart.
- Reverse: This design features a great blue heron in the foreground and a great egret in the background. Inscriptions are “BOMBAY HOOK,” “DELAWARE,” “2015” and “E PLURIBUS UNUM.”
Protect and display your Perry's Memorial Quarter by adding a protective plastic capsule to your order.
This coin will make a great addition to any collection. Add this 2015-S Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge Quarter Proof to your cart today!
Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge is host to hundreds of thousands of migrating ducks, geese, shorebirds and neo-tropical songbirds in their spring and fall migrations. Tired and hungry between Canada and the Gulf of Mexico, they seek shelter at Bombay Hook and feast on marsh grasses, fish and other important foods before continuing their flight.
Bombay Hook’s 16,000 acres include freshwater pools, swamps, upland forests, agricultural fields and one of the largest unaltered tidal salt marshes in the Mid-Atlantic region. It was established as a national site in 1937.
Although founded in 1937, the first transaction for this property took place in 1679 when Mechacksett, chief of Kahansink, sold Bombay Hook wetlands to Peter Bayard, an early Dutch settler. The price for the area was 1 gun, 4 handfuls of powder, 3 waistcoats, 1 anchor of liquor and 1 kettle.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.