Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
It is the revered symbol of royal authority, history and tradition. The centuries-old St. Edward’s Crown is only worn once in a monarch’s reign and only at the very moment of crowning—the moment when the historic headpiece is reverently placed upon the new sovereign’s head, marking the culmination of accession. The centerpiece of the British Crown Jewels and royal regalia, the all-Gold coronation crown is easily recognized by the crosses pattée that inspired this 99.99% pure Gold coin’s reverse, where the engraved cross is similarly adorned with an array of gemstones.
- Extremely limited mintage of 225 coins.
- Crafted in 2 oz. of 99.99% pure Gold, your coin is enhanced with seven diamonds that add authentic sparkle to the diadem-inspired design. Each stone was individually added using precision tweezers for positioning.
- Your coin comes in a premium wooden case that provides an elegant presentation.
- In addition to the serialized certificate, your coin comes with two additional certificates that confirm the authenticity of the diamonds featured on the reverse.
- Obverse: The coin’s obverse features a curved line pattern and the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt. The obverse also bears a special marking that includes four pearls symbolizing the four effigies that have graced Canadian coins and the double date of her reign.
- Reverse: Your coin’s reverse features a representation of the front cross pattée from St. Edward’s Crown, the centuries-old coronation crown and the centerpiece of the British Crown Jewels. Bordered by a row of beads inspired by the crown, the engraved heraldic cross is studded with nine white sapphires, two emeralds, a ruby and one aquamarine.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Only 225 coins are available to collectors worldwide. Previous crown/tiara-themed coins sold out quickly, and given the famous headpiece represented on this spectacular collectible, it will likely be a sought-after piece. Add this beautiful 2023 Canada Gold St. Edward's Crown coin to your cart today!
St. Edward's Crown
The most hallowed of all the British Crown Jewels and royal regalia, the St. Edward’s Crown is only used on the monarch’s coronation day. It was commissioned for the coronation of Charles II in 1661 as a replacement for the original crown, which dated back to King Edward the Confessor (hence the name) but was melted down by parliamentarians in 1649. The “new” St. Edward’s Crown is composed of a solid Gold frame set with 444 precious and semi-precious stones, including amethysts, aquamarines, garnet, peridot, rubies, topazes, tourmalines and sapphires. Similar to the medieval crown that inspired its design, the St. Edward’s Crown is distinguished by four crosses pattée (like the one featured on your coin), four fleurs-de-lis and gold bead-adorned arches that surround the ermine-trimmed velvet cap.
The Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins since 1908. They are recognized around the world for their unique Silver and Gold Maple Leaf series, but they also produce numerous popular products that result in award-winning coins. With new RCM releases available every month, browse upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.