Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
Although the U.S. Mint does not sell its bullion coins directly to the public, it distributes its new releases to authorized purchasers, like APMEX, who sell the U.S. Mint coins to the public. This means that APMEX is one of the few companies able to get coins direct from the U.S. Mint and sell them to you.
In partnership with PCGS, a trusted name in numismatics, APMEX brings you further enhanced products thanks to the MintDirect® Premier program. This partnership with PCGS allows MintDirect® Premier with PCGS FirstStrike® 2023 Gold Buffalos in their sealed packaging to remain eligible for the FirstStrike® designation if submitted to PCGS for grading, even after new FirstStrike®-eligible coins are usually taken off the market.
- 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-count APMEX MintDirect® singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-count APMEX MintDirect® singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX storage boxes hold MintDirect® or MintDirect® Premier TEP singles and are stackable with other APMEX Mini Monster Boxes and the APMEX Monster Box.
- Obverse: Depicts James Earle Fraser's artwork of an American Native’s profile. This was first seen on the 1913 Buffalo Nickel.
- Reverse: Displays an American bison, adapted from the original reverse of the classic Buffalo Nickel. This image is thought to be based on Black Diamond, a buffalo living in the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Secure your Gold Buffalo by adding a stylish display box to your order.
The U.S. Gold Buffalo is one of the world's favorite Gold bullion products. Add this beloved MintDirect® Premier Gold coin to your cart today!
In January of every year, the United States Mint is required to deliver coins that carry the date of the new year. Accordingly, the dies used to strike the coins from the previous year are destroyed and new dies are engraved, prepared and deployed to strike coins for the new year.
Since each new year brings new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by the U.S. Mint in January that go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier.
APMEX has partnered with PCGS to add the authenticity of the PCGS FirstStrike® designation to the MintDirect® Premier product. After reviewing and vetting the MintDirect® process, PCGS acknowledges these 2023 MintDirect® Premier Gold Buffalos as meeting their rigorous requirements for FirstStrike® eligibility if the coin is submitted for grading in their original sealed packaging.
The sealing process encloses the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that guarantees your investment’s value. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FirstStrike® 2023 Gold American Buffalo single. MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FirstStrike® 2023 Gold American Buffalo single.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are legitimate and in the same condition as they were when they left the United States Mint. The MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin — guaranteed.
Note: The MintDirect® process does not guarantee protection from spotting or tarnishing that can occur in chemically active metals, such as Gold, Silver and Platinum.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.