Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
People born in the Year of the Dragon are natural leaders known for their tenacity and courage, and under the auspicious influence of the Wood Dragon, 2024 brings the promise of progress, positivity and prosperity.
- Contains 0.496 oz actual Gold weight.
- Limited mintage of 1,888 coins.
- For an elegant presentation, your Lunar Year of the Dragon coin is housed in a red lacquered wood case with a red outer box, evoking the Chinese New Year custom of gifting “lucky money” in a red envelope.
- Obverse: The obverse features the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt. The obverse also bears a special marking that includes four pearls symbolizing the four effigies that have graced Canadian coins and the double date of her reign.
- Reverse: Inspired by traditional Chinese art forms, the reverse design by artist Simon Ng celebrates the Year of the Dragon through its depiction of a Wood Dragon chasing the Dragon Pearl, or fire ball that represents wisdom and prosperity. The snake-like form of the auspicious creature echoes the stylized waves that rise and fall beneath it, like a landscape marked by rolling hills. Auspicious cherry blossoms appear on the dragon and in its surroundings, where the delicate flowers are connected by curved stems that create filigree patterns. The reverse includes the word “CANADA,” the Chinese character for “dragon” and the year “2024.”
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect your Gold in storage from the adverse effects of moisture in the air by adding these silica gel packets to your order.
Celebrate new beginnings in the Year of the Dragon (2024) with this $100 pure Gold Lunar New Year keepsake. Add this Proof Gold Year of the Dragon coin to your cart today!
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.