Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
In commemoration of the coronation of His Majesty King Charles III, The Royal Mint has released a coronation coin collection. Commemorating His Majesty The King's historic coronation, the collection features three new reverse designs, which are available across a range of commemorative coins, struck in a number of editions and sizes.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Limited mintage of 10,000.
- Coins will be in protective packaging. Multiples of 10 come in mint tubes while multiples of 100 come in 10 mint tubes inside a Monster Box.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Features The Royal Mint's guilloché obverse design.
- Obverse: The first crowned coinage portrait of His Majesty The King, created by British sculptor Martin Jennings, graces the obverse of each coin in the Coronation Bullion Coin Range and has received the monarch's personal approval.
- Reverse: Features artwork by Philip Nathan that depicts the internationally recognized Britannia figure standing firm against a powerful wind. Her visage has symbolized Britain's strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times. The reverse includes a latent image, surface animation, tincture lines and micro text for added security.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Safeguard your 2023 Gold Coronation Britannia with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order. You can even add a beautiful coin bezel to turn your Gold Britannia into fine jewelry!
Add the 2023 Great Britain 1 oz Gold Coronation Britannia to your cart today!
Find the spot Gold price today and learn about Precious Metals pricing with APMEX.
The Royal Mint's Britannia series was first introduced in 1987 and has remained one of the world’s most popular coin series. While the design of the Britannia coins has changed slightly over the years, they all feature a statue of Britannia standing on a rock with a trident in her hand. The coins also feature the word "Britannia" and the year of minting. The Britannia coin series is highly prized by collectors, and coins from earlier years are especially valuable. In 2023, The Royal Mint released the final Britannia to feature the effigy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. This was done as a limited production run and was followed by the release of 2023 Britannia coins debuting the effigy of His Majesty King Charles III. The year 2023 marks a historical moment in the coin's history as the first year featuring two reigning monarchs.
The Gold Britannia is one of the flagship coins of The Royal Mint and is one of the most popular products. Following the popularity of the Gold Britannia, The Royal Mint began using the popular design on a Silver coin for the first time in 1997 as a Proof coin. Soon after, in 1998, the Silver Britannia was also released in a bullion version. Today, the series has expanded to several sizes and also includes Platinum Britannia coins along with the limited mintage Proof Gold and Proof Silver Britannia coins.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.