- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box along with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of 500 coins.
- Obverse: A dragon is depicted coming through the door shown in the reverse of the coin, surrounded by a circle of traditional Chinese motifs. The ideogram of the dragon appears on the right of its representation. The year-date and the description "Year of The Dragon" appear at the top in the outer circle.
- Reverse: Shows all of the animals in the Chinese zodiac. They are featured on a screen surrounding a traditional Chinese temple door.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
Protect your Monnaie de Paris capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order!
This Gold coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2024 France 1 oz Gold €200 Year of the Dragon Proof (Lunar) coin to your cart today!
The Lunar Calendar
The Chinese calendar is one of the oldest in the world and is based off of the sun and moon. Months are set according to the moon. For example, the first day of each month is the new moon and the 15th day is the full moon. Because the solar year counts 12 lunar months plus a dozen days, seven intercalary months are added over each 19 years in order for the calendar year to stay within a solar year. According to Chinese tradition, the first calendar system was created by the Yellow Emperor in 2637 BC. The Gregorian calendar was officially adopted by the PRC in 1912, then extended to the whole state in 1929. New Year is between January 20 and February 21 each year.
Chinese signs of the zodiac include the rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, goat, monkey, rooster, dog and pig. Each animal symbolizes personality traits of people born during the sign. Check out our collection of Gold lunar items.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Feb 12, 2024
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.