Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
This one-year-type Gold coin was produced by the British Royal Mint to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the issuance of the first sovereign in 1489.
- Contains .2354 oz actual Gold weight.
- This coin comes in a protective hard plastic capsule or plastic flip.
- Limited mintage of just 12,500 coins.
- Obverse: shows Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II seated as at her coronation, surrounded by the inscription “Elizabeth II Dei Gra Reg Fid Def” which translates to “Elizabeth II, by the grace of God, Queen, defender of the faith.”
- Reverse: Depicts the Shield of the Royal Arms topped by a Royal Crown, with the whole image superimposed upon a double rose. Around the outside of the reverse is the inscription “anniversary of the Gold Sovereign, 1489-1989.”
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect your capsule from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this rare and beautiful piece of British coinage history to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.