- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Limited mintage of 388 coins.
- Comes in an oval-shaped display case, featuring a glossy timber-effect lid, presented with a certificate of authenticity.
- High relief design adds unparalleled detail and beauty to this proof coin.
- Obverse: The Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along with the purity and monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Depicts a traditional Chinese dragon, a long, scaled, serpentine creature with four legs, and a "pearl of wisdom". The Chinese character for "dragon" and the inscription "Year of the Dragon" also appear in the design with the Perth Mint’s traditional "P" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Protect your coins from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This coin has a limited mintage making it highly collectible. Add this 1 oz Lunar Ultra High Relief Year of the Dragon Gold coin to your cart today!
The Perth Mint Lunar Year of the Dragon
These superb releases are perfect for people born in "Dragon" years (1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000 and 2012) who are regarded as confident, enterprising, independent, self-assured, brave and passionate. The Perth Mint has released multiple series of the Gold Lunar coins, and this 2012 coin is part of Series II of Perth's Lunar Series. The Dragon is a symbol depicted in Chinese culture, and also part of the Zodiac calendar. The Dragon is frequently displayed in pursuit of a flaming pearl, representing wisdom.
The Perth Mint
Located along the Swan River, The Perth Mint is Australia's oldest operating mint and throughout its rich history, the name has become synonymous with some of the highest standard of bullion & collectible products. Along with the Gold Swan & Silver Swan series, some of The Perth Mint's most well known coin programs include the Gold Kangaroo & Silver Kangaroo, Koala, Gold Lunar & Silver Lunar and the Silver Kookaburra programs along with a wide variety of Specialty Bullion releases.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Aug 9, 2020
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.