Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Why Buy Gold
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Coins will be in protective packaging. Multiple of 10 come in mint tubes. Multiples of 100 come in 10 mint tubes inside a monster box
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- The first Britannia to feature The Royal Mint's new guilloché obverse design.
- Obverse: Effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 100 pounds.
- Reverse: Features the internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a powerful gale. Her image has symbolized Britain’s strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times. A radial sunburst design behind Britannia adds anti-counterfeiting protection Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect your Gold Britannia with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order. You can even add a beautiful coin bezel to turn your Gold Britannia into fine jewelry.
This 2018 Gold Britannia coin would be a great addition to any bullion collection. Add this 2018 1 oz Gold Britannia to your cart today!
Steadfast and confident, Britannia is a symbol of resilience and strength. Sculptor Philip Nathan, the designer of the first Britannia bullion in 1987, envisaged her as a classic and evolving icon. In these additions to the bullion collection, she stands firm as a powerful gale whips around her shield, Corinthian helmet and olive branch. This design features a radial sunburst at her back.
The Long History of Using Gold for TradingBuy Gold coins and you join the long chain of humans who, over the past 6,000 years, have considered Gold a beautiful and precious commodity. Though Gold Britannias did not exist in 4000 B.C., there is ample evidence of Gold being used to create decorative artifacts in the area contemporarily known as Eastern Europe. While Gold coins are generally made of .9999 fine Gold now, the earliest-dated coin discovered thus far is made of electrum, a naturally occurring Gold and Silver alloy. Over the course of human history, uses for Gold have expanded far beyond trading and fine art to include industrial and electronic applications.
How are Gold Coins Different from Gold Rounds?Unlike Gold rounds, Gold coins like these Gold Britannias are sovereign Gold bullion coins that actually bear a face value. This face value is greatly outstripped by the intrinsic value of their one troy ounce of .9999 fine Gold. Gold coins may also have numismatic value, commanding a higher premium, while Gold rounds are generally purchased only for investment purposes, meaning their price is likely closer to the Gold spot price. Today, most Gold coins have relatively low premiums because they are produced primarily for investors. Britannia Gold coins are popular among investors and collectors alike as they are classed in the highest echelon of sovereign Gold coins with iconic and revered items such as Canadian Maple Leafs and American Gold Eagles.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Ptolemy Collector.
Date:Nov 5, 2018
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.