- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Contains four different 2 Zlote commemorative coins issued by the Mint of Poland.
- Coins come sealed in protective capsules housed in a wooden display box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverses: Feature a different depiction of Saint John Paul II unique to each coin.
- Reverses: Depicts the crowned eagle of the Polish coat of arms above denomination and surrounded by legend and date. "RZECZPOSPOLITA POLSKA".
- Coins were struck at the Mint of Poland in Warsaw.
This set makes a great gift for the coin collector or for those interested in Papal history. Add this 4-coin Saint John Paul II Set to your order today!
Born Karol Jósef Wojtyla in Wadowice, Poland, in 1920, John Paul II was elected Pope in 1978, becoming the first non-Italian to assume the Papacy since Adrian VI in 1522, and the first man of letters since Pius II in 1458. On 27 April, 2014, he became just the second pope to enter the sainthood in 300 years.
At turns stonecutter and boilermaker, poet and priest, professor of theology and member of an experimental theater troupe, John Paul II brought an eclectic personal history to Rome. Among the 117 countries he traveled to as Vicar of Christ was his native Poland, where his historic 1979 visit helped inspire the Solidarity movement and the fall of Communism.
A prolific author, a bold theologian and a saintly presence, John Paul II was hailed as “the great” by his successor, Benedict XVI, upon his death in 2005. He is arguably the most popular Pontiff of all time.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.