|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
Originating in Germany during the Renaissance, the “Osterhase” (literally the Easter hare) was a folkloric figure among the followers of Martin Luther that judged whether children were behaving correctly at the beginning of Eastertide. Today the Easter Bunny is a far less judgmental creature who brings eggs for all children irrespective of their behavior.
- Contains 1/4 oz of Copper.
- Packaged in an illustrated blister pack.
- Mintage of 200,000 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts the coat of arms of the nine federal provinces of Austria.
- Reverse: On this Easter Coin 2018, Michael Powolny’s famous rabbit has one ear lying flat and the other raised as if eavesdropping on a conversation. This is what invests this quirky specimen with so much life and soul. The adorable creature is flanked on the coin by a forget-me-not pattern also by Augarten Porcelain Manufactory.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian government.
Add this 2018 Austria Copper €5 Easter Bunny coin to your cart today!
Designed by ceramicist and sculptor Michael Powolny (1871-1954) around 1930, it is one of the most charming pieces ever produced by Vienna’s famous Augarten Porcelain Manufactory. The manufacture of porcelain in Vienna was established in 1718 by Claudius Innocentius du Paquier after the Dutchman completed a risky mission to bring the secret of how to make porcelain from Meissen to Vienna. From the outset, the manufactory’s designs were ahead of their time. During the 1920s, the creative input of artists such as Michael Powolny, who co-founded the Wiener Keramik, part of the influential Wiener Werkstätte workshops, played an important role.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.