Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The eight gate, known as the Golden Gate or Mercy gate, remains closed. It is said that the gate will be opened miraculously when the Messiah comes and the dead are resurrected.
- Limited mintage of 1,800.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Third issue of the "Gates of Jerusalem" series.
- Medal is encapsulated and delivered in the official box of issue.
- Obverse: Front view of the Damascus Gate. Inscription in English and Hebrew, date, purity and weight below.
- Reverse: Stylized sketch of the Gates of the Old City in the Walls of Jerusalem, border inscription in English and Hebrew "Gates of Jerusalem", Holy Land Mint logo below.
- Guaranteed by the Holy Land Mint of Israel.
Add this beautifully designed 1 oz Silver round to your cart today!
The Gates of Jerusalem have become an icon of the holy city and an attraction for tourists from all over Israel and the world. Start your journey through the city's history with the Jaffa Gate, the inaugural release of the Gates of Jerusalem series.
The Damascus Gate is considered the most impressive gate among the eight gates in the walls of Jerusalem that were built.
The gate was named after the northward route from the gate that led to Damascus. In Hebrew, it is called Nablus (Shechem) Gate for the same reason; the route northwards passes through Nablus.
Archaeological excavations have revealed gates from former periods beneath the Damascus Gate built in the Ottoman period; in the lower layer, remains of a first century BCE gate built by King Herod in the Second Temple period, and above, remains of the gate from the Roman period. In the early Muslim period, changes were made in the structure of the gate. In the period of the Crusaders, the gate was blocked and a new gate was constructed on a higher level, further north.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.