You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The eighth gate, known as the Golden Gate or Mercy Gate, remains closed. It is said that the gate will be opened miraculously when the Messiah comes and the dead are resurrected.
- Limited mintage of 1,800.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- Fifth issue of the Gates of Jerusalem series.
- Medal is encapsulated and delivered in the official box of issue.
- Obverse: Front view of the Dung Gate. Inscription in English and Hebrew, date, purity and weight below.
- Reverse: Stylized sketch of the Gates of the Old City in the Walls of Jerusalem, border inscription in English and Hebrew "Gates of Jerusalem," with Holy Land Mint logo below.
- Guaranteed by the Holy Land Mint of Israel.
Protect your newest investment against moisture during storage with these silica gel packets.
Add this beautifully designed 1 oz silver round to your cart today!
The Gates of Jerusalem have become an icon of the holy city and an attraction for tourists from all over Israel and the world. Start your journey through the city's history with the Jaffa Gate, the inaugural release of the Gates of Jerusalem series.
The Dung Gate is the lowest of the gates and is in the southern wall of Jerusalem, closest to the Western Wall. Being near the Moroccan neighborhood, it was known as the Moroccan gate in Arabic. It was referred to multiple times in the Book of Nehemiah in the era of the Return to Zion.
Ashes from sacrifices and ceremonies and general waste were taken through the Dung Gate, which is where the name is derived. The Dung Gate was originally built just large enough to allow a person and animal to pass through. In 1952, the Jordanians widened it while paving a road. The arch above the Dung Gate shows the Star of David, signifying the original gateway width. After the Six Day War, the gate was renovated and preserved by Israel.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.