- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Maximilian I was born in 1459, at the end of the Middle Ages. In 1477, he married Mary of Burgundy, which made him not only Duke of Burgundy, but also Sovereign of the knightly Order of the Golden Fleece. With a membership limited to just 30, this exclusive club was effectively the ‘crème de la crème’ of the noble elite. Not everything that Maximilian was involved with was noble and chivalrous, however. Under pressure from the Estates of the realm, as well as for his own material benefit, he agreed to the expulsion of the Jews from the Austrian provinces of Styria and Carinthia. Yet Maximilian was also something of a ‘renaissance man’ who could speak seven languages and passionately supported the fine arts.
- Contains .4625 oz of Silver.
- Packaged in an illustrated blister pack.
- Mintage of 30,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features a portrait of Maximilian I on the left, in which the Holy Roman Emperor is holding a lance. On the right, his colored-applied coat of arms is held by a heraldic lion.
- Reverse: Depicts a scene from a jousting tournament, in which a knight on horseback is in full gallop as seated spectators look on from a stand. Maximilian I was famous for his bravery when jousting.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian government.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any medieval enthusiast's collection. Add this 2019 Austria Silver €10 Knights' Tales Chivalry coin to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.