Issued from the country of Barbados, comes the third release in the limited mintage series featuring the striking Trident from the National Flag of Barbados--this time, with a shockingly low mintage and a striking pineapple privy!
- Limited mintage of 5,000 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in protective plastic capsule.
- Obverse: Displays the Barbados coat of arms, the national symbol featuring the fist of a Barbadian holding two stalks of sugar cane. Upon the shield are a pair of the national flowers, known as the Pride of Barbados, and a single bearded fig tree. The shield is supported by a dolphin and a pelican. They stand for the fishing industry and Pelican Island, respectively.
- Reverse: Features the trident symbol as it appears on the Barbados national flag as well as a pineapple privy and the face value One Dollar and the year.
- Both obverse and reverse rims feature wavy radial lines making the coins harder to duplicate and provide a measure of security.
- This coin is manufactured and distributed by Scottsdale Mint and is a legal tender in the country of Barbados.
Protect your coins and capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this beautiful Barbados Trident Pineapple Privy coin to your cart today!
The Trident, a symbol of strength and power, draws its roots from the mythical Roman God of Freshwater and the Sea, Neptune. However, the Trident that serves as the national pride of Barbados and that is found on the Barbados national flag differs from Neptune's Trident in that the shaft of the Barbadian Trident is broken, symbolizing Barbados' historical break and eventual independence from the United Kingdom in 1966.