- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1/10 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Multiples of 50 coins come in plastic tubes.
- Both the obverse and reverse of the coin feature a distinct East India Company traditional pattern in the fields.
- Obverse: Features the Raphael Maklouf effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the issuing country Saint Helena, the denomination and the year of issue, 2020.
- Reverse: Features the Spade Guinea Shield, the coin weight and purity, and the mint mark of the East India Company.
Protect your Spade Guinea Shield coin by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
With historical significance and a beautiful design, this bullion coin is a perfect way to carry on the reputation and trust of the Guinea. Add this 2020 1/10 oz Silver Spade Guinea Shield coin to your cart today!
The Guinea was first struck in 1663 for King Charles II, and was a symbol of Britain's rising colonial power, as it became recognized and accepted throughout the world. The Guinea was known for its purity and reliability, and the Five Guinea coin even had the engraving "Decus et Tutamen", meaning "an Ornament and a Safeguard", further securing its symbol as a reliable coin.
The Spade Guinea design was first introduced in 1787 by King George III, and symbolizes England and Scotland, France, Ireland and the German possession of the Hanoverian dynasty. Scotland and England were merged to form Great Britain, which is represented by three lions that symbolize England, Normandy, and Aquitaine and the standing lion which represents Scotland. The Royal Arms also had the Arms of France until 1801, which is represented with three Gold fleurs-de-lis on a blue background, symbolizing the king's approved right to rule. The Ireland coat of arms is symbolized my a Gold harp with Silver strings. The Hanover coat of Arms included an addition in 1714 of a galloping horse on the lowest part, representing Hanover. The English and Scottish lions remained side by side. These four coat of Arms join together to create the Spade Guinea design featured on this coin.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.