Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- First year of the new redesign of the Silver Eagle, adding value to these popular Silver coins!.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees the coin's perfect PR-70 condition.
- FirstStrike® designation is limited to coins shipped from the mint within the first 30 days of release.
- Obverse: An enhanced depiction of Adolph A. Weinman’s design showing Lady Liberty adorned with an American flag, walking gracefully as the sun rises over a ridge.
- Reverse: This all-new design depicts a single eagle coming in for a landing, carrying an oak branch as if to add it to a nest.
- Minted at the San Francisco Mint with an "S" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government and guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
This release is the first San Francisco issue to feature the new Type 2 Eagles designs and features a limited mintage of only 200,000 upon release. Make sure to add this collectible 2021-S Type 2 Proof Silver American Eagle to your cart while you can!
New Silver Eagle Design
To celebrate 35 years of the American Eagle coin program, the U.S. Mint revealed a new reverse design for the 2021 Silver Eagles. The original American Eagle obverse design, based on Adolph A. Weinman’s Walking Liberty design, has been updated to more faithfully recreate the original. The new reverse design features a single eagle coming in for a landing and carrying an oak branch in its claws. U.S. Mint AIP Designer Emily Damstra created this new design and Mint Medallic Artist Michael Gaudioso then sculpted the design.
PCGS Certified Silver Eagles
Interest in the 2021 Type 2 Silver Eagles has increased due to the Silver content and new design, making the PCGS certified coins an even more attractive option. PCGS, an independent grading service with a reliable 35-year reputation, certifies the authenticity and condition of each coin before sealing it in a protective holder to maintain the condition. APMEX is pleased to offer this PCGS graded PR-70 American Silver Eagle – indicating a coin with no flaws. Additionally, PCGS certifies select coins as FirstStrike® if they can be verified to have shipped from the mint within the first 30 days of release. With PCGS certified coins, customers can be assured the coin they receive will be in the absolute finest condition, making this Type 2 Silver Eagle that much more desirable..
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.