- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains a total of 1.85 oz actual Gold weight.
- PCGS certification protects and guarantees the coins' flawless PR-70 condition.
- Product limit of only 10,000 sets released by the U.S. Mint.
- Advanced Release designation indicates that these were among the extremely limited quantity of coins shipped from the mint before their release date on March 17, 2022.
- Obverse: An updated version of Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left. Her hair is flowing behind her in the wind signifying forward movement against a background of sun rays.
- Reverse: A bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
The classic Gold Eagle design gains even more collectibility with the Proof striking of each coin. Add this beautiful 2022-W Proof Gold American Eagle set to your cart today!
2021 Gold Eagle Design
The United States Mint unveiled the updated reverse designs on the 2021 American Eagle Gold coins. 2021 marks the 35th anniversary of the American Eagle coin program, and the designs began appearing on these coins in mid-year 2021. Mint Artistic Infusion Program (AIP) designer Jennie Norris created the new Gold coin design that was sculpted by Mint Medallic Artist Renata Gordon. The reverse design depicts a bold, up-close portrait of an eagle. The obverse has been revised with additional detail from the original design by Augustus Saint-Gaudens to enhance this classic image.
American Gold Eagle Coins
First authorized by Congress for release in 1986, the Gold American Eagle series quickly became among the most popular bullion coins in the world. These coins are the first Gold coins backed by the United States government specifically for bullion investment purposes. They feature artistic patriotic designs, with the obverse being modeled after Saint Gaudens' design introduced for the $20 Double Eagle in 1907. All American Gold Eagle coins are produced in .9167 fine Gold, with Copper and Silver being added to the Gold content to improve the wear characteristics and improve their durability.
To appeal to a wide variety of collectors and investors, the American Gold Eagle coins are available in four different sizes, containing 1/10, 1/4, 1/2 or 1 oz of fine Gold. All four sizes feature the same iconic design and are fully guaranteed for their metal content and purity by the United States government. The United States Mint does not sell these bullion coins directly to the public, but rather distributes them through a network of Authorized Purchasers, including APMEX, who make an active market in these coins, supporting the liquidity and value of this popular bullion product.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.