|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/4 oz actual Gold weight.
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the coin's PR-69 DCAM condition.
- Reagan Legacy label with hand signature from Michael Reagan.
- Sold out at the U.S. Mint with maximum mintage of only 13,625 coins worldwide.
- Obverse: Features Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ full-length figure of Liberty with flowing hair, holding a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. For the 2021 coin, the United States Mint returned to its original historical assets in 2020 to render a closer reflection of Saint-Gaudens’ original vision and detail.
- Reverse: Features a portrayal of an eagle. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "E PLURIBUS UNUM," "IN GOD WE TRUST," "10 DOLLARS" and "1/4 OZ. FINE GOLD."
- Sovereign coin backed by the U.S. government.
Protect and display your Proof Gold Eagle in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
The classic Gold Eagle design gains even more collectibility with exquisite details and the beautiful Proof striking of each coin. Add this beautiful 2021-W 1/4 oz Proof American Gold Eagle (Type 2) to your cart today!
New 2021 Gold Eagle Design
The United States Mint unveiled the updated reverse designs for the 2021 American Eagle Gold coins. 2021 marked the 35th anniversary of the American Eagle coin program, and the new designs began appearing on these coins in mid-year 2021. Mint Artistic Infusion Program (AIP) designer Jennie Norris created the new Gold coin design that was sculpted by Mint Medallic Artist Renata Gordon. The new reverse design depicts a bold, up-close portrait of an eagle. The obverse has been revised with additional detail from the original design by Augustus Saint-Gaudens to enhance this classic image.
American Gold Eagle Coins
First authorized by Congress for release in 1986, the Gold American Eagle series quickly became among the most popular bullion coins in the world. These coins are the first Gold coins backed by the United States government specifically for bullion investment purposes. They feature artistic patriotic designs, with the obverse being modeled after Saint Gaudens' design introduced for the $20 Double Eagle in 1907. All American Gold Eagle coins are produced in .9167 fine Gold, with Copper and Silver being added to the Gold content to improve the wear characteristics and improve durability of these coins.
To appeal to a wide variety of collectors and investors, the American Gold Eagle coins are available in four different sizes, containing 1/10, 1/4, 1/2 or 1 oz of fine Gold. All four sizes feature the same iconic design and are fully guaranteed for their metal content and purity by the United States government. The United States Mint does not sell these bullion coins directly to the public, but rather distributes them through a network of Authorized Purchasers, including APMEX, who make an active market in these coins, supporting the liquidity and value of this popular bullion product.
PCGS Certified Proof Gold Eagles
APMEX is giving customers PCGS graded Proof Gold Eagles to provide the highest quality additions to their collections. PCGS is an independent third-party grading service that grades coins, protects them in tamper-evident packaging and certifies the coin's authenticity and condition. These graded pieces increase demand for the coins because their quality is assured and enhanced after the official grading process.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.