You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- APMEXclusive® series.
- Extremely limited mintage of only 50 rounds.
- Rounds come in a unique Peanuts®-branded box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts an officially licensed classic comic strip scene of a melancholy Charlie Brown contemplating life while laying back against the kite-eating tree as it chomps on his kite. Below is the Peanuts Worldwide® copyright.
- Reverse: Displays the officially licensed Peanuts® logo along with the following characters from left to right: Pig-Pen, Schroeder, Franklin, Woodstock, Sally Brown, Charlie Brown, Lucy Van Pelt, Peppermint Patty and Marcie.
Protect your Gold in storage from the adverse effects of moisture in the air by adding these silica gel packets to your order.
Whether you are a collector, gift-giver or a Peanuts® fan, these rounds are a great way to celebrate springtime and a Peanuts® classic. Add this Peanuts® Kite-Eating Tree 1 oz Gold round to your cart today!
Peanuts® and The Kite-Eating Tree
The kite-eating tree made its first appearance in the Peanuts® comic strip on April 12, 1956, when Charlie Brown's kite got stuck in its branches. Though it wasn't yet called the kite-eating tree at the time, it would officially get that name in the comic on March 14, 1965. Charles Schulz considered the kite-eating tree to be one of the 12 major set pieces of the Peanuts® comic. For Charlie Brown, the tree represented defeat, as his kites always ended up tangled in its branches, but it also challenged his unwavering determination as he continued to attempt to fly kites despite the tree's mischief.
Over time, the kite-eating tree took on the persona of a mindless eating machine, devouring anything that landed in its branches and even making munching sounds. It became a recurring obstacle for Charlie Brown and his friends, even gobbling up Schroeder's piano when Lucy threw it into the tree after she became fed up for being ignored. The kite-eating tree has effectively been a minor character in Peanuts®, known for its mischievous antics and adding a playful element to the strip.
From its humble beginnings as a tree that snagged Charlie Brown's kite to its portrayal as a mischievous eating machine, the kite-eating tree remains a memorable and beloved character in the Peanuts® universe, representing the never-ending resilience of Charlie Brown and his unwavering determination to keep trying, even in the face of setbacks. APMEX has released Silver and Gold rounds commemorating the kite-eating tree for Peanuts® fans and investors alike to enjoy.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Aug 21, 2023
Been a Charlie fan since the mid-1960s and have seen this Kite Eating tree for decades. Great design, informative and attractive packaging, very pleased.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.