You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine silver.
- Limited mintage of only 2,000 coins!
- This coin is 100% sold out at The Perth Mint!
- Each coin is housed in a classic display case within an illustrated shipper and accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her years or reign: 1952-2022, the weight and fineness, the 2023 year-date and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: The coin’s reverse design represents a yongka, the Nyoongar name for kangaroo. The yongka is bounding through clover-green grass and ochre rocks of the boodjar lands of the Nyoogar nation. Overhead are the gradually darkening night sky shown in turquoise, blue and black dots. These dots represent djinda, the Nyoongar word for "star." Included on the reverse is The Perth Mint’s "P" mint mark.
To avoid fingerprints, add these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this incredible antiqued Kangaroo Yongka coin to your cart today!
About the Kangaroo Yongka
Kevin Bynder, the designer of this remarkable coin, is a passionate artist and teacher whose diverse portfolio of vibrant and striking works includes many indigenous guernsey and shirt designs for high-profile sporting franchises, as well as murals in both public and private spaces in and around Perth. Kevin’s works are inspired by Western Australia’s natural environment and reflect the history and knowledge of his people who have lived on Nyoongar country for tens of thousands of years.
During the past 250 years, the kangaroo has been recognized as Australia's most recognizable animal. The marvelous marsupial has always lived side-by-side with the First Nations Australians. They carry a strong cultural and spiritual significance.
The kangaroo features in Dreamtime and other traditional stories passed down by Aboriginal people from generation to generation. Many consider the kangaroo a totem, the subject of sacred beliefs and an important affirmation of their cultural identity. Kangaroos were an integral to Aboriginal people's way of life, providing sustenance and skins that were used to fashion protective cloaks.
Perth Mint Commemorative Coins
APMEX carries many stunning silver commemorative coins from The Perth Mint with exciting themes and unique finishes. Experience the animals of The Outback with the Deadly and Dangerous series or travel back in time to your favorite Western with classic John Wayne coins. Our assortment contains a range in sizes from 1/2 gram to 5 oz coins, making these Australian commemorative coins attainable for collectors of all budgets.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.