- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coin comes in protective packaging. Multiples of 25 come in mint tubes. Multiples of 500 come in 20 mint tubes inside a monster box.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 2 pounds, featuring the Royal Mint's guilloche design.
- Reverse: Designed by Philip Nathan, the reverse features the internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a powerful gale. Her Image has symbolized Britain's strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times. A radial sunburst design behind Britannia adds anti-counterfeiting protection.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Protect your 2020 Silver Britannia with this clear plastic capsule or display it in style by adding an attractive presentation box to your order.
This 2020 release continues The Royal Mint's tradition of the popular Silver Britannia Coin release. Add this 2020 1 oz Silver Britannia Coin to your cart today!
The Royal Mint:
Since 1886, the Royal Mint has been manufacturing coins for the United Kingdom. In addition to circulating coinage for the UK, the Royal Mint also mints coins for other countries as well as many commemorative releases.
The Great Britain Britannia Series:
Following the success of the Gold Britannia bullion coins introduced in 1987, The Royal Mint produced a 1 oz Silver Britannia coin in 1997, being issued only as proofs with a mintage of 20,000. Britannia Silver coins have a face value of two pounds. The coins produced from 1998-2012 contain .958 fine Silver, as opposed to the standard British sterling of .925, with the 2013 bullion issues being the first to contain .999 fine.
The Great Britain Silver Britannia Coin Design:
This iconic series features the internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a powerful gale. Her image has symbolized Britain's strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times. The coin's signature reverse design features a speckled radial sunburst background which serves as an anti-counterfeiting protection.
Precious Metals IRA:
For products to qualify for a Precious Metals IRA, they must meet minimum fineness requirements as set by the IRS. 1 oz Silver Britannia coins are eligible for the Precious Metals IRA as they meet the .999 fineness requirement.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Dec 2, 2020
Posted By:Amateur Collector
Date:Nov 25, 2020
From:Port Orchard, Wa.
Date:Mar 21, 2020
Posted By:First band on the moon
Date:Nov 7, 2019
Date:Oct 28, 2019
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.