Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Each coin contains 1 oz actual Gold weight.
- First year of the historic redesign of the Gold Eagle, adding collectible value to these Gold coins!
- PCGS encapsulation protects and guarantees the perfect 70 condition of the coin.
- APMEXclusive® Black Label adds visual appeal to this sought-after coin.
- The First Day of Issue label guarantees this coin was among the very first of the Type 2 coins shipped from the mint.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty with flowing hair, a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left. The Type 2 design features added details from the original bronze cast to enhance this beloved design.
- Reverse: a bold close-up portrait of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris. This design is the first new design introduced since the series began in 1986.
Containing a half ounce of Gold and featuring a new design, it is easy to see why the Gold American Eagle is the most popular Gold coin in the United States. Add this 2021 1 oz Gold Eagle Type 2 coin to your cart today!
The American Gold Eagle Coin Series
From their initial issue in 1986, the design of the Gold Eagle remained largely unchanged until 2021. The adaptation of Saint-Gaudens' design on the obverse was paired with a depiction of a family of eagles designed by Miley Busiek specifically for the Gold Eagle bullion program. However, in 2021, to celebrate the 35th anniversary of this iconic series, the U.S. Mint introduced an all-new reverse design, featuring a bold, up-close portrait of a bald eagle, rendered by Artistic Infusion Program designer Jennie Norris. Eagerly anticipated by collectors, this marks the first ever major design change to the American Gold Eagles in the long history of the series.
PCGS Gold Eagles
PCGS, a third-party grading service with a reliable 35-year reputation, certifies the authenticity and condition of each coin before encapsulating it in a protective holder backed by their full guarantee of authenticity and condition. APMEX offer this release graded MS-69. With PCGS certified coins, collectors can be assured their coins are in the absolute finest condition, and those among the very first released, especially with a historic release such as this one.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.