As low as $9.99 per coin over spot
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
|1 - 19||$35.76||$36.13||$37.25|
|20 - 99||$35.06||$35.43||$36.52|
|100 - 499||$34.46||$34.82||$35.90|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Each MintDirect® Premier single is placed in a non-reactive plastic polymer authentication card to protect the coin’s finish. APMEX individually seals each coin to ensure the authenticity and condition after being removed directly from the mint boxes.
APMEX has partnered with PCGS, one of the most trusted names in numismatics, to further enhance the MintDirect® Premier program. This partnership with PCGS allows MintDirect® Premier with PCGS FirstStrike® 2023 Silver Green Monkey in their sealed packaging to remain eligible for the FirstStrike® designation if submitted to PCGS for grading long after new FirstStrike®-eligible coins are typically off the market.
- Mintage of 7,000.
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-count APMEX MintDirect® singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-count APMEX MintDirect® singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX storage boxes hold MintDirect® or MintDirect® Premier TEP singles and are stackable with other APMEX Mini Monster Boxes and the APMEX Monster Box.
- Obverse: Displays the Barbados coat of arms along with the face value and purity. The golden shield of the arms carries two Pride of Barbados flowers (the national flower) and the bearded fig tree (ficus Citrifolia). On either side of the shield are the supporters – on the right is a dolphin symbolic of the fishing industry, and on the left is a pelican, for Pelican Island, a small outcrop later incorporated into the Deep Water Harbour development. Above the shield is a helmet and mantling, and on a wreath is the arm and hand of a Bajan holding two crossed pieces of sugar cane that are symbolic of the sugar industry. The coat of arms carries the motto "Pride and Industry."
- Reverse: Features an image of a green monkey hanging from a tree with his tail. Surrounding the monkey are tree branches and leaves. The name of the coin, purity and year of issue are also on the reverse.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Barbados government.
Secure your Silver Green Monkey by adding an attractive display box to your order.
This APMEXclusive® has a limited mintage of 7,000 coins. Add this MintDirect® Premier Single Green Monkey coin to your cart today!
The coin dies wear down over thousands of strikes, causing the details of the engraved die that transfers to the newly struck coin to flatten, diminishing the quality of the finished coin below standards. At this point, the dies are replaced. For each minting press, new dies may be required multiple times each year. Once the new dies are installed, the strike quality (the detail transferred to the newly struck coin) returns to its maximum. There is no public notice that dies are changed, and each minting press changes dies at different times required by die wear.
Because each new year brings new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by the mint during the first 30 days of their issuance that go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier. MintDirect® Premier may not be recognized by external grading services. APMEX will only have a limited number of MintDirect® Premier products each year.
APMEX created the MintDirect® process to assure each of these 2023 Silver Green Monkey coins comes directly from sealed mint boxes, guaranteeing these .999 fine Silver coins have not been searched or sorted since minting. MintDirect® is your symbol of guarantee that these coins were processed from tubes that come straight from mint-sealed boxes, exactly as they were delivered, providing peace of mind when buying, holding or selling.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to ensure that the authenticity and condition of each coin is protected after they are removed directly from the mint tubes. Each coin is placed in a protective authentication card composed of a non-reactive plastic polymer to protect your coin’s finish.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished MintDirect® Premier + PCGS FirstStrike® 2023 1 oz Silver Barbados Green Monkey single.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left the mint. The MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin – guaranteed.
Barbados Caribbean Series
This is the fourth design in the Caribbean Silver series which has included the seahorse, pelican, octopus and now the green monkey. A new design has been minted each year. This Silver bullion program has become popular not only with bullion buyers but also collectors. All previous coins in this program have sold out and are difficult to find in the market. Check out our collection of other Barbados Gold and Silver coins.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.