These $1 Silver Certificates come from series 1957 through 1957-B and will be in Extra Fine condition. Nice very affordable notes for a type set!
- This denomination was the last to be issued in this type.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Circulated notes from series 1957 through 1957-B in Extra Fine condition.
- Front: Shows a portrait of President George Washington.
- Back: Features the Great Seal of the United States.
Protect your Small Size Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
These notes are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. Add some of these well preserved notes to your cart today!
Series 1957 through 1957-B will be of our choice and may or may not vary, determined by stock on hand.
Federal Reserve Notes were adopted for circulation in 1914 for all denominations but the $1, which continued until the early 1960s when the first $1 FRN's were printed. In the interim, these Silver Certificates were the mainstay of our dollar bills in day to day commerce. Although they are still legal tender, their redemption for Silver was discontinued by the government in 1968.