Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/10 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Authenticated by NGC and given the SP-69 grade.
- The Early Releases/First Release label guarantees this coin was received by NGC within the first 30 days of the coin's release.
- Centennial design issued in celebration of the original Mercury Dime from 1916.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman's design Depicts a young Liberty with a winged Phrygian cap reminiscent of the Roman god Mercury.
- Reverse: Features an olive branch and a fasces (a bound bundle of wood including an axe with blade emerging).
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
Encapsulation by NGC authenticates and protects the condition of the coin allowing for years of enjoyment and viewing pleasure.
This special 100th anniversary coin was issued in memory of the popular 1916 Mercury Dime and features 1/10 oz of .9999 fine Gold making this coin a great addition to both numismatic & investment portfolios. Add this 1/10 oz Mercury Dime to your cart today!
The 2016 Mercury Dime Centennial Gold Coin pays homage to one of the many coin designs issued during what is known as the "Renaissance of American Coinage". Adolph A. Weinman’s original Winged Liberty design is considered one of the most beautiful coins of all time!
In 2016, the U.S. Mint will mark the centenary anniversary of three numismatic icons with the release of the 1/10 oz Mercury Dime, 1/4 oz Standing Liberty Quarter, and the 1/2 oz Walking Liberty Half Dollar Centennial Gold Coins. Each of these coins features an allegorical representation of Liberty being the last design of each denomination to do so.
The mint's goal is to match each Gold coin to the size and diameter of their original Silver coin from 1916. Plans are to issue business strikes only, meaning no proof or uncirculated versions will be issued.
APMEX takes pride in being one of the most innovative companies in our industry. In true innovation, we leveraged partnerships with the top coin grading agencies to create CoinGrade+®, providing relevant numismatic information, synced daily with third-party grading services, ensuring you have the most up-to-date information available.Learn More
The total number of coins produced at a specific mint for a particular date and mintmark combination.
|Grade||SP - 69|
The total number of coins that have obtained a higher grade than the subject coin by a particular grading service.
|Mint Mark||W - West Point|
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.